Building Consent Administrators Forum 2014 - Dunedin
Friday, 8 August 2014 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (NZST)
Customer services officers, Administrators, Building control support officers, team leaders and customer services managers.
What you will get:
- In-depth discussion on all topics
- A fun interactive learning experience
- All refeshments included
Welcome to the Forum. This is your chance to meet others in a similar role.
This Forum presents administrative and legal sessions on current issues and frontline administration and interpretation of the Building Act.
9.00am Welcome and Introductions
Building Act Update - what’s changed and what to tell the customers
- Schedule 1 exemptions – More work that can de done without a consent
- LBPs responsibilities and restricted work and DIY owner exemptions
- Other stuff that everyone forgets
10.30am Morning Tea
10.45am Accessing Your Personal Potential
- Recognise your own, and others primary communications styles
- Choose your attitude when you're at work
- Take charge of your life / work / customers
Presented by Jan Canton, Executive Coach
1.15pm Field trip
We will take a trip into the city to look at building inspections and building audits so you can see the end result of the building control process (PLEASE: bring comfortable walking shoes).
2.30pm Afternoon Tea
2.45pm Rosie’s Training Clinic
This session is a Q and A style workshop where you can bring their questions, interpretation issues on any Building Act matter.
When & Where
Building Networks NZ Ltd
Building Knowledge for Building Professionals
We provide training in the NZ Building Act and NZ Building Code for local government, the building industry, and the public of NZ.
PO Box 12 463, Thorndon, Wellington. 6144
P: 04 472 1702 E: firstname.lastname@example.org