Canterbury Software Summit 2014: FULL THROTTLE
It’s full speed ahead for the annual Canterbury Software Summit on Thursday, 2nd October! The event continues to evolve and this year we are moving to a full day format at an exciting new venue that can accommodate our growing numbers:
Where: Air Force Museum of New Zealand in Wigram, Christchurch
Date: Thursday, 2nd October
Time: 8:30am - 7:30pm
Cost: Free for members* or $97.50+GST
We’re building a fantastic speaker line-up featuring some industry top guns. The keynote speakers are:
- Alex St John, Microsoft’s original Game Technology Evangelist, designer of the DirectX family of media API’s and holder of 23 patents in media streaming, compression, encryption, microcurrency and artificial intelligence. He also ran Hi5.com and founded WildTangent Inc., the world’s largest downloadable game publisher.
- Michelle Dickinson, Senior Lecturer and Nanotech expert at the University of Auckland
- Ralph Mason, CTO of Telogis and an expert in systems analysis and design. Established in 2001, Telogis has quickly become a leader in cloud-based location intelligence software for mobile workforces, serving customers in more than 100 countries.
Plus inspiring presentations from some top achievers, including:
- Kris Nygren of Optimal Experience, a Wellington-based usability consultancy recently sold to PwC
- Andy Prow, CEO and founder of IT security practice Aura Information Security
- Doug Willems of Delta Strike, manufacturers of laser tag equipment
- Nicolás Erdödy & Alex St John of Open Parallel, a software company specialising in multicore and manycore systems and parallel programming
- Nigel Parker, Director of Developer Experience at Microsoft NZ
- Rob Lindores of Trimble
- Trevor Leybourne, Product Development Manager for MYOB
- Tim Bell, Professor at the University of Canterbury and Michael Trengrove of Code Club Aotearoa
- Leon Guzenda of Objectivity, presenting a Technology In Focus session on Big Data.
We also have Masterclass sessions on offer, running parallel to the main track:
- Owen Scott & Greg Williamson of Concentrate Ltd: “Axe your Advertising"
- Nick Pellow of Atlassian: "Work Effectively in a Distributed Team"
- Cain Duell of Assurity: "Impact Mapping - Make an Impact, don't just ship software"
- Mark Wilson of Planit: "Mobile & App Projects: Considerations and Practices to Ensure Successful Delivery"
Anyone planning to attend a Masterclass must also complete the separate Masterclass Registration. Masterclasses are only available to registered Canterbury Software Summit delegates.
Join us on 2nd October for a full day of insightful talks, engaging exhibitors and abundant networking. We start the engines and open the doors for registration at 8:30am, and the main programme lifts off at 9:15am. Talks will run through to 5:30pm and then we’ll enjoy networking, drinks and canapés till 7:30pm.
The Canterbury Software Summit has earned a solid reputation as an event not to be missed, whether you’re an entrepreneur, a director, a manager, a developer, a tester, or someone aspiring to these roles. Register now to be part of it this year!
For further information and updates to the speaker programme, visit Software Summit. If you wish to sponsor or exhibit at the Summit, or would like other assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canterbury Software Summit 2014 is made possible through the generous contributions of our sponsors: IBM, SLI Systems, Assurity, Trimble, Microsoft, Orion Health, Atlassian, Jade, QualIT, PayGlobal, Sourced, Software Education, CDC, Adscale, Wellnomics, Concentrate, Planit, NZTE, and Callaghan Innovation.
Please help us spread the word!
The Canterbury Software Summit event is proudly managed and promoted by Communicate IT Ltd.