"Since doing this course, I've cut my writing time in half - and I'm writing more clearly and precisely."
Naina Raj, BHSc, MPH - Public Health Scientist, Auckland Regional Public Health Service
Have you ever wished you could write like a professional?
Writing for Results will teach you how. You'll learn how to:
- Overcome writer's block forever
- Write quickly, even when the subject is complex
- Turn any piece of writing into clear, succinct prose
- Eliminate empty and weak words from your writing
- Get the results you want more often
Who is it for?
Writing for Results will make a lasting difference to you if you:
- Spend 30% or more of your week writing and
- Would like to write more quickly, more clearly, or both
No! Most people who attend Writing for Results, while successful in their chosen career, have found themselves having to tackle writing tasks that they have not been trained for. We developed Writing for Results for those people.
What you get
- A professionally bound workbook of challenging and enjoyable exercises to complete during the day, and to take with you at day's end. You can refer to this any time you want to remind yourself of any of the points you've learned.
- Complimentary registration in the follow-up, 22-session Writing MasterClass interactive webinars. Each session is recorded and available for download so you can review it in your own time. The Writing MasterClass hones the skills you develop during Writing for Results, helping you to become a master of the craft.
- A copy of the book "78 Weeks to Sharper Writing", by Writing for Results facilitator Ken Grace. "78 Weeks" is a collection of essential writing practices, tips and techniques, written in a clear, engaging style that brings writing to life.
Previous satisfied participants have come from
Auckland District Health Board
Otago Regional Council
Ngati Whatua o Orakei
The Activation Agency
For more information about Department of Writing, click here.
When & Where
Department of Writing
We are a writing and training company. Our writing clients include technology, advertising, PR, web service, accounting and health services companies, as well as government organisations. We train business people and members of the public in those aspects of writing that are important to them. If you're looking for top-flight business writers or are keen to develop your own writing skills, talk to us.