Writing for Results: Wellington, Tuesday, 26 February, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZDT)
Wellington, New Zealand
"Since doing this course, I've cut my writing time in half - and I'm writing more clearly and precisely."
Naina Raj, BHSc, MPH - Public Health Scientist, Auckland Regional Public Health Service
Writing for Results: Need for Speed is a one-day course designed to give you back your life and boost your career.
In one short day, you'll become a faster, more confident, clearer writer.
How will we achieve so much? By teaching you three simple techniques and working with you as you practice and gain proficiency at each.
We will show you how to:
- Overcome writer's block forever
- Write quickly, even when the subject is complex
- Turn any piece of writing into clear, succinct prose
- Eliminate empty and weak words from your writing
- Get the results you want more often
Who is it for?
Writing for Results will make a measurable, lasting difference to you if you:
- Spend 30% or more of your week writing and
- Would like to write more quickly, more clearly, or both
You don't have to be a great writer. In fact, Writing for Results is designed for people who do not write as a career, but do write as part of their role.
What you get:
- A professionally bound workbook of exercises to complete during the day, and to take with you at day's end. You can refer to this any time you want to remind yourself of any of the points you've learned.
- Complimentary registration in the 22-session Writing MasterClass series of interactive webinars and training modules. The Writing MasterClass hones the skills you develop during Writing for Results, helping you to become a master of the craft. It also includes Q&A sessions where you have the opportunity to have specific writing questions answered.
- A copy of the book "78 Weeks to Sharper Writing", by Writing for Results facilitator Ken Grace. "78 Weeks" is a collection of essential writing practices, tips and techniques, written in a clear, engaging style that brings writing to life.
- 12 months' access to other, ad hoc, Department of Writing training webinars on subjects like writing effective emails, presentations that work, and so on.
Whatever you write - newsletters/blogs, important emails, marketing materials, proposals or white papers - Writing for Results will make a deep and lasting difference to you. We guarantee it.
Previous satisfied participants have come from
Auckland District Health Board
Health and Disability Commissioner
Otago Regional Council
Ngati Whatua o Orakei
The Activation Agency
For more information about this workshop and about Department of Writing, click here.
When & Where
Department of Writing
We are a writing and training company. Our writing clients include technology, advertising, PR, web service, accounting and health services companies, as well as government organisations. We train business people and members of the public in those aspects of writing that are important to them. If you're looking for top-flight business writers or are keen to develop your own writing skills, talk to us.