Google Sites is included in your school’s Google Apps For Education suite. It’s a very intuitive way to create websites for students or staff. Sites are attractive, highly customisable, and look good on mobile devices.
An intranet is a website for internal use only - it’s only visible to people who have a Google Apps account for your school.
In this course, we’ll combine these two ideas and learn how to create a:
- staff site - with calendars, documentation and procedures
- class site - with learning resources, homework and discussions
- ePortfolio - where students can share their learning with whanau
- parent portal - a window into the classroom, show casing student work in galleries and embedded Google Docs
- school website - the first point of contact for many parents, including community calendars, sign-up forms and surveys, and policy documents.
This is a hands-on, practical, BYOD class.
Course Level: NEXTSTEPS
Course costs: $145 + GST per person, per course.
Enquiries: email@example.com or phone 09 984 0037
About TTS Professional Learning Courses and Trainers
- Our trainers are qualified and experienced educators, who are sensitive to the needs of participants.
- Courses are designed for school teachers and staff, and tailored to their level of confidence.
- Each course has a limited number of participants to facilitate open, personalised and engaging sessions.
- All courses are hands-on, practical and BYOD.
Course Level Guide
- FIRSTSTEPS - A good basic course for those new to the technology.
- NEXTSTEPS - For those who have a reasonable level of confidence and are wanting to learn more.
- FLYINGHIGH - Intermediate and advanced content. A good level of competence is required.
TTS Professional Learning Courses: Cancellation Policy
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no refunds for 'no shows' or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.
Have questions about TTS Professional Learning Courses? Contact Telco Technology Services (TTS)
When & Where
Telco Technology Services (TTS)
Delivering more than just ICT solutions and services, TTS guides educators, empowers leaders, and informs better decisions. We provide specialist expertise across cloud technologies, digital devices and the wider ICT infrastructure, ultimately empowering schools to fully leverage the benefits of ultra-fast broadband.
Underpinning our technical services is a comprehensive range of professional learning programmes that build school-wide e-learning capacity and capability, ensuring the needs of future-focused teaching and learning are met.