Blogger is part of the Google Apps toolkit. Publishing blogs is a great way to get students and teachers reflecting on learning and reaching an authentic audience for feedback. It's a more natural way to share to the internet than just using a public Google Doc or using a LMS or Google Sites. Your own school context might mean you have other reasons to want to consider blogging.
There are some important considerations for getting your schools' blogs well organised from the outset so that they have suitable levels of accessibility/privacy and are manageable for the long-term. Once set up the teachers and students will need some help in getting started.
In this hands-on session we will explore both the big picture and narrow down to the detail of getting a blog in place for you or others in your school as well as explore tools for feeding and reading blogs.
This is a hands-on, practical course, bring your own laptop class.
Course level: NEXTSTEPS
Course costs: $145.00+ GST per person, per course.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 984 0037
About TTS Professional Learning Courses and Trainers
- Our trainers are qualified and experienced educators, who are sensitive to the needs of participants.
- Courses are designed for school teachers and staff, and tailored to their level of confidence.
- Each course has a limited number of participants to facilitate open, personalised and engaging sessions.
- All courses are hands-on, practical and BYOD.
Course Level Guide
- FIRSTSTEPS - A good basic course for those new to the technology.
- NEXTSTEPS - For those who have a reasonable level of confidence and are wanting to learn more.
- FLYINGHIGH - Intermediate and advanced content. A good level of competence is required.
TTS Professional Learning Courses: Cancellation Policy
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to email@example.com. There are no refunds for 'no shows' or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.
Have questions about TTS Professional Learning Courses? Contact Telco Technology Services (TTS)
Save This Event
When & Where
Telco Technology Services (TTS)
Delivering more than just ICT solutions and services, TTS guides educators, empowers leaders, and informs better decisions. We provide specialist expertise across cloud technologies, digital devices and the wider ICT infrastructure, ultimately empowering schools to fully leverage the benefits of ultra-fast broadband.
Underpinning our technical services is a comprehensive range of professional learning programmes that build school-wide e-learning capacity and capability, ensuring the needs of future-focused teaching and learning are met.