MailChimp is a free email marketing tool that schools can use to communicate with parents, staff and the wider community. It has advantages over using Outlook, Gmail, or your Student Management System.
Analytics: schools know whether emails have been read by parents and links clicked on
Messages are attractive and readable on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops
Emails can be scheduled ahead of time (send a reminder about mufti at 5pm the night before)
This course is designed for senior management or admin staff that take care of parent communication. A working knowledge of your school’s SMS (Student Management System – Etap, KAMAR, Edge…) is required.
This level 3 course is not for the faint-hearted. This is a platform-agnostic course – Google AND Microsoft schools are welcome.
In this session we will show you how to:
Set up MailChimp for the school
Create lists of contacts
Create and send test messages
This is a hands-on, practical, bring your own device class.
Course Level: FLYINGHIGH
Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course
About TTS Professional Learning Courses and Trainers
- Our trainers are qualified and experienced educators, who are sensitive to the needs of participants.
- Courses are designed for school teachers and staff, and tailored to their level of confidence.
- Each course has a limited number of participants to facilitate open, personalised and engaging sessions.
- All courses are hands-on, practical and BYOD.
Course Level Guide
- FIRSTSTEPS - A good basic course for those new to the technology.
- NEXTSTEPS - For those who have a reasonable level of confidence and are wanting to learn more.
- FLYINGHIGH - Intermediate and advanced content. A good level of competence is required.
TTS Professional Learning Courses: Cancellation Policy
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to email@example.com. There are no refunds for 'no shows' or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.
Have questions about TTS Professional Learning Courses? Contact Telco Technology Services (TTS)
When & Where
Telco Technology Services (TTS)
Delivering more than just ICT solutions and services, TTS guides educators, empowers leaders, and informs better decisions. We provide specialist expertise across cloud technologies, digital devices and the wider ICT infrastructure, ultimately empowering schools to fully leverage the benefits of ultra-fast broadband.
Underpinning our technical services is a comprehensive range of professional learning programmes that build school-wide e-learning capacity and capability, ensuring the needs of future-focused teaching and learning are met.