Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
SOS - Spruce-up, overhaul your skills!
All Leaders Weekend – 28 - 30 October 2016
Omatua, Rissington, Hawkes Bay
Friday 7:00pm - 7:30pm
Friday 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Get to know your activities
Saturday 8:00am - 9:00am
Saturday 9am – 12.15pm
EITHER Leadership Qualification - Orientation (Previously Introduction to Leadership)
OR Leadership Qualifcation - Guiding Essentials
OR Arahina Module - Assessing in GirlGuiding
OR Arahina Module - Taking Girls Away Overnight
Saturday 1.30pm - 5:00pm
EITHER Leadership Qualification – Outdoor Essentials
OR Leadership Qualification - Programme Essentials
OR Arahina Module - Mentoring in GirlGuiding
OR Arahina Module - Outdoor Camping
Saturday 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Go for a night walk - Campfie and s'mores
Sunday 9.00am – 12.30am
Arahina Module - Section Buzz time
On the registration form please specify if you will need accommodation and what meals you require.
Please wear appropriate uniform.
Please note there will be no meal provided on Friday night (only a light supper) - you will need to make your own arrangements.
Module Descriptions -
knowledge of the GirlGuiding NZ organisational processes and practices
basic financial management skills
knowledge and skills in keeping girls safe including reporting accidents, incidents and near misses where appropriate
use of an online database
introduction to the skills you need to be an effective leader of others
Taking Girls Away Overnight (Residential Camp module renamed)
- This module is a requirement for the Overnight Certificate and the Indoor Camp Certificate
- Understand the use of GirlGuiding NZ guidelines, policies and forms for taking girls away overnight
- Be able to develop exciting camp programmes including using surrounding facilities
- Know and understand health, hygiene and safety requirements for overnight events
- Be able to guide the planning of an appropriate menu within budget and know correct food handling and storage
Assessing in GirlGuiding
- Understand the concept of assessing, the processes around assessing leaders and explore skills for being an effective assessor.
- All Assessors will need to have completed this module and be formally appointed as an Assessor, before they can be assigned to assess leader qualifications or modules.
Note: the term of appointment for current assessors expired on 30 June; assessors need to attend this module, complete the learning outcomes and then apply for the assessor role.
LQ Outdoor Essentials
basic outdoor skills – practical hands-on session including using a gas cooker safely, outdoor cooking and activities
knowledge of how to run activities safely in the outdoors
Mentoring in GirlGuiding
Understand the concept of mentoring and identify the personal qualities of a mentor; identify the keys to being an effective mentor and learn some skills for meaningful mentoring.
All Mentors will need to have completed this module, complete the learning outcomes and then apply for the mentor role, before they can be assigned as a mentor for a new leader.
Note: the role of Training Unit Leader no longer exists.
LQ Programme Essentials
knowledge of child development and provision of age appropriate programme and decision making
knowledge and practice of a non-formal learning approach to developing programmes for children
LQ Guiding Essentials
role specific skills including group management, event management and working with young people
knowledge of the history and international connections of the organisation.
- Participation in the two Outdoor Camping Arahina modules
- Learn how to asisst with planning and running and Outdoor Camp