Actions and Detail Panel
Area D - All Leaders Weekend - Remarkable Adventure Workshop - Queenstown -...
Fri., 11/11/2016, 8:00 pm – Sun., 13/11/2016, 2:30 pm NZDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
REMARKABLE ADVENTURE WORKSHOP
All Leaders Weekend – 11 - 13 November
Lakeland Park, Queenstown
Saturday 12th November
EITHER Leadership Qualification - Orientation (Previously Introduction to Leadership)
OR Leadership Qualification - Guiding Essentials
OR Arahina Module - Mentoring in GirlGuiding
OR Arahina Module - International in the Programme
OR Arahina Module - Taking Girls Away Overnight (a prerequisite for Outdoor Camping)
EITHER Leadership Qualification – Outdoor Essentials
OR Arahina Module - Mystery and Theme Nights
OR Arahina Module - Event Planning
OR Arahina Module - Outdoor Camping modules 1 & 2 (includes camping overnight)
Sunday 13th November
Arahina Module - Outdoor Camping modules 1 & 2 (continued)
EITHER Leadership Qualification – Programme Essentials
OR Arahina Module - Thinking Outside the Square
OR Arahina Module - Assessing in GirlGuiding
Arahina Module - Lightweight Skills (Outdoor Camping is a prerequisite for this module)
On the registration form please specify if you will need accommodation and what meals you require.
Please wear appropriate uniform.
Accommodation is available on Friday night (11th November) for those who are travelling. Please note there will be no meal provided on Friday night - you will need to make your own arrangements. There is no official programme on Friday night but there will be some fun activities!
Module Descriptions -
- Knowledge of the GirlGuiding NZ organisational processes and practices
- Basic financial management skills
- Knowledge and skills in keeping girls safe including reporting accidents, incidents and near misses where appropriate
- Use of an online database
- Introduction to the skills you need to be an effective leader of others
LQ Guiding Essentials
- Role specific skills including group management, event management and working with young people
- Knowledge of the history and international connections of the organisation.
Mentoring in GirlGuiding
Understand the concept of mentoring and identify the personal qualities of a mentor; identify the keys to being an effective mentor and learn some skills for meaningful mentoring.
All Mentors will need to have completed this module, complete the learning outcomes and then apply for the mentor role, before they can be assigned as a mentor for a new leader.
Note: the role of Training Unit Leader no longer exists.
International in the Programme
We are an International organisation, find out fun ways to incorporate international activities in our programme,
Taking Girls Away Overnight (Residential Camp module renamed)
- This module is a requirement for the Overnight Certificate and the Indoor Camp Certificate
- Understand the use of GirlGuiding NZ guidelines, policies and forms for taking girls away overnight
- Be able to develop exciting camp programmes including using surrounding facilities
- Know and understand health, hygiene and safety requirements for overnight events
- Be able to guide the planning of an appropriate menu within budget and know correct food handling and storage
LQ Outdoor Essentials
- Basic outdoor skills – practical hands-on session including using a gas cooker safely, outdoor cooking and activities
- Knowledge of how to run activities safely in the outdoors
Mystery and Theme Nights
You will learn how to to include mystery and intrigue in your unit programmes, this creates mountains of fun. Find out how to use a story line, how to create themes, then how to implement them and how useful these are as a a way of learning.
This module is about understanding the key factors in planning an event, the use of task forces, team roles and managing an event.
Outdoor Camping modules
By completing this module you will develop practical skills in how to use tents and camping equipment, storing food, preparing food and cooking in the outdoors, how to choose your campsite and how to camp safely. You need to be at least 18 years of age,have completed your Leadership Qualification and have attended the Taking Girls Away Overnight Arahina module (which is being offered in the morning just before this module)
LQ Programme Essentials
- Knowledge of child development and provision of age appropriate programme and decision making
- Knowledge and practice of a non-formal learning approach to developing programmes for children
Thinking Outside the Square
This module will show you how to use a variety of lateral and creative thinking methods to plan activities and events and to help problem solve. Not sure what this all means – then this is the module for you.
Assessing in GirlGuiding
- Understand the concept of assessing, the processes around assessing leaders and explore skills for being an effective assessor.
- All Assessors will need to have completed this module and be formally appointed as an Assessor, before they can be assigned to assess leader qualifications or modules.
Note: the term of appointment for current assessors expired on 30 June; assessors need to attend this module, complete the learning outcomes and then apply for the assessor role.
Lightweight Camping Skills
This module is additional skills if you wish to take your girls lightweight camping where all equipment is backpacked to the site. Participants need to hold the Outdoor Camp certificate or the Standing Camp certificate or have attended the training workshops for Outdoor Camp Certificate.