San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The first Wellington Parents Online New Zealand BlogCamp
31st August 2013
Pick up tips and tricks from experienced bloggers and swap stories with other bloggers in the same blogging boat!
You will learn:
- What to Blog (And what NOT to blog) - Where to find content and how to blog when you're OOBI (Out Of Blogging Ideas). And how much of your story should you tell?
- Hobby, Small Business or Crazy Obsession? - How to make money from your blog and why you might not want to.
- Delightful Design and how to DO it! - How to design your blog, find images and fonts and tame those troublesome themes.
- SEO, Penguins, Pandas (and the Elephant in the Room) - How to appease the Google Blogging gods
- Is that legal? - What you can and cannot say online and on your blog.
- Working with brands and PRs - How you can have great professional relationships with Brands and PRs and what they are looking for in blogger outreach campaigns.
When & Where
Vicki is an entertaining writer and speaker and has spent more than 20 years working in Marketing Communications and PR. Her award-winning blog www.vegemitevix.com is read around the world and has a loyal fanbase full of intelligent, gorgeous and funny individuals. Originally a personal blog, set up to tell all the details of her family's adventure moving from New Zealand to the United Kingdom, Vegemitevix is now a revenue generating blog brand and online publisher. Vicki blogs about travel, family life, Vegemite and second chances, all with a massive dollop of humour.
In her 'other' professional life Vicki has spent over 20 years working in Marketing and PR in a variety of high profile roles with some of the world's largest IT brands. She is also a published writer, an experienced speaker and trainer and accomplished teenager tamer.
Vicki lives in Auckland with her Englishman, three teenage children and a managerie of fur babies.