Conversation Rate Optimisation Short Course
How to turn more of your website visitors into leads and sales.
This course is designed for those who want to gain a better understanding and knowledge of how to improve the performance of their website in a systematic, measurable way. Whether you are a one band business or part of a larger digital marketing team, the teachings in this course will be applicable to your specific site. Learn the key steps of how to optimise your website so it converts more of your hard-earned visitors into customers and leads on an ongoing basis.
Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) is a fast growing discipline that helps you measure, quantify and improve the success rate of your website. More and more digital marketing teams realise that it’s crucial to apply this FIRST and get a better yield from your site before investing substantial time, money and resources into driving traffic.
This ‘nuts and bolts’ course will take you through a unique approach that will empower you to take control and make key improvements to your site that will impact your bottom line. The workshop is presented in a practical learning format: solid guiding principles combined with real life examples in a small and relaxed class setting, with an interactive touch.
Venue location: Catchi Office, Boardroom
Format: Interactive and limited to 15 people.
Refreshments: Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Takeaways: A workbook and a 2GB USB stick pre-loaded with support resources.
Wireless: A wireless hub is available at no charge if you wish to bring a laptop or wireless device.
1. CONVERSION RATE OPTIMISATION – THE BASICS
Gain a total paradigm shift in how you look at and work on your company website. We will explain the concept of Conversion Rate Optimisation in a way you will be able to understand and apply straight away within your company. This will be like a “3D puzzle”: once you GET it, you will feel an enormous sense of clarity on how you can work on your site. Using this knowledge you can master the Conversation Rate Optimization game and get that “edge” to get (and stay!) ahead of your competitors.
- Learn exactly how to calculate and interpret your conversion rates
- Gain insight into Conversion Rate benchmarks and the rate you should be aiming for in your specific industry
- Understand why a high Conversion Rate will give you the advantage you need when placing ad words campaigns or using other forms of paid traffic
2. WEBSITE ANALYTICS – GETTING CLARITY
Visitors to your site behave in a certain way; they click on certain buttons, visit particular pages etc. All of this can be tracked, which makes available an enormous amount of information you can take advantage of.
- Gain insight into using ‘Google Analytics’, an example of tracking software every business should be using (it’s free to use). Via a clear demonstration learn how to use this tracking software and how to “read” the data it provides you. This gives you a better understanding of your target market.
- Learn how to find out valuable stats like how many unique visitors you site has, which pages they visit in what order, how long they stay and at what point they leave or take action
- Discover any revenue “leaks”: problem areas that seem to result in people leaving your site without action.
- Get rid of any blockages that hold people back from flowing through your site and purchasing or registering and transform these blockages into success areas that work
- Get a good understanding of the Key priority areas that need improving the most to get the quickest wins on you site
3. KEY AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT
This section will discuss the 3 Key Areas we focus on when improving any website. We will go into a lot of detail within each area and show you how to work with them synergistically. The 3 areas of focus are:
1. Value Proposition 2. Structure and Design 3. Copy and Ongoing Engagement
Here are the key learnings you'll take away from this section:
- Learn exactly how to describe and prioritise your products and services effectively and get to the ultimate Value Proposition or target audience will get excited about
- Discover how to visually present your products in the best possible way via images and video
- Learn how to put together a well structured site with good navigation that presents and supports your Value Proposition effectively.
- Understand the importance of a flowchart and see how one creates an optimal flow and a chain of “yes’s” to get your visitor to the ultimate YES
- Find out how to create a wire frame for the raw design for each of your key pages and get all the essential tips for putting these pages together in terms of structure and key content
- Learn how to identify and structure your top menu items and translate this into a site map
- Learn the crucial role a carefully crafted “Calls to Action” play within your structure – this is must know knowledge if you are serious about improving the performance of your site
- Learn how to show respect for your visitors time and energy by establishing good site usability
- Get a good understanding of the best way to match your design to your structure
- Learn how to increase page relevance and keep your visitors intrigued
- Find out the Essential elements your copy needs to become attractive to your visitors
- Gain knowledge about creating the right Tone of Voice
- Receive tons of crucial suggestions on how to write website copy that is compelling and will lead your visitor to a “YES”
- Understand exactly how to create ongoing engagement with your audience, resulting in a sharp lift in your long terms sales and leads.
Website optimization is an ongoing process of improvement. Using Testing is crucial within this process if you want to optimize your website and get it to perform to the max. We will show you step by step how to pick the right testing method, how to set up your test and how to read the results.
- Learn more about the different testing software available; we will show you step by step how to use one of them in a live demonstration.
- Find out the simple step by step actions to take and the things to be aware of when setting up your testing procedures
- Learn the different methods for testing and which one is best on your website
- Get an insight into the different elements that can be subjected to testing, such as headlines, images, call to Action, copy, etc.
5. LIVE OPTIMISATION – GET INPUT ON YOUR SITE
In this final section of the day, as out “Grand finale” we will go through the website of each participant (with their permission) for a real live optimization right there right then. The course presenter will go through each one of them prior to the course date and will note at least 3 key areas of improvement with suggestions. Other participants will also be asked to offer input; this will give each participant very valuable input and material to get started with as soon as they get back into the office the next day.
At the end of this course, you will be very well equipped to start your Conversion Rate Optimisation Journey. You will know how to get clarity on your site and its numbers, you will have a good understanding of the Fundamentals of a good converting site and you will have knowledge of how to perform testing for optimal conversion. As a bonus, you will also leave with valuable expert input on your own site that you will be able to apply straight away.
WORKSHOP FACILITATOR - CORNELIUS BOERTJENS
Your work shop presenter is Cornelius Boertjens. Cornelius is a highly skilled Digital Marketing Strategist with over 14 years of experience building online companies and optimising their websites. He specialises in Conversion Rate Optimisation and digital marketing strategies. Cornelius is the Managing Director at Catchi Website Conversion Specialists, an Auckland based Consultancy firm specialised in Conversion Rate Optimisation, working with clients like Telecom, Air New Zealand, IAG, Ocean Swim Series and many others to create more effective highly converting websites.
Cornelius is also one of the head tutors of the Digital marketing Certificate of the Marketing Association for both Auckland and Christchurch and has had involvement in a number of online projects and start-ups such as Orangepeel Systems, specialising in visualisation systems, Start Up Central and The Village Square which is a Word of Mouth Marketing Agency. Cornelis is also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM) and a Google Analytics Qualified Individual.
Payment forms accepted are credit card (Visa & Mastercard), direct credit or cheque - in all instances use the online booking engine at the top of this page.
GROUP & CHARITY DISCOUNTS
If more than one person is registering at the same time, the following group discounts apply:2 people: 10%,3 or more people: 20%. If you are representing a registered charity, please enquire directly.
NB: If using a promo code, please enter it before clicking on the 'Order Now' button. If you are NOT paying by credit card, click on the 'Show other payment options' link (bottom right) and then the 'Pay Offline' option.
When & Where
Catchi is the Australasia’s leading specialist in Website Conversion Optimisation, working with clients such as ANZ, Air New Zealand, Immigration NZ, Briscoe Group, AA, Lotto NZ, Telecom and many more on increasing the performance of their campaigns and digital channels by implementing powerful CRO strategies.