Actions and Detail Panel
ICAgile Agile Foundations (Wellington)
Wed, 7/12/2016, 9:00 AM – Thu, 8/12/2016, 5:00 PM NZDT
Find out about the big ideas at the heart of Agile and learn how to manage work efficiently as part of an Agile team.
If you or your team is new to Agile and Scrum—or are just looking to refresh your knowledge—then this is the course for you.
You’ll discover the fundamental ideas behind Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban and learn how to apply them. Develop good working habits that make your team more efficient and productive, and get the background knowledge you need to work more effectively with Agile teams.
Spark your passion for Agile with practicing Agile coaches who are amongst New Zealand’s most experienced and well-respected.
You’ll learn through hands-on exercises, practical activities, discussion and presentations—and during the workshop we’ll help you find ways to apply what you’re learning to your everyday work life.
ICAgile Accredited course
Nomad8’s ICAgile Foundations training course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile).
The course fulfils the foundation learning objectives of the ‘Fundamentals of Agile’ track. Successfully completing the course will give you ‘Certified ICAgile Professional’ status.
The nitty gritty—good for filling out those pesky personal development forms.
Understanding and applying the fundamentals of Agile and Scrum.
WHO IT’S FOR
- Anyone who’s new to Agile and Scrum or wants to refresh their knowledge
- Teams that want to develop good working habits
- Anyone who wants to understand how to work in an Agile team
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand Agile, its values and principles
- Describe the Scrum process and roles in Scrum
- Have a basic understanding of Kanban
- Recognise the importance of self-organisation and team work
- Use an Agile project inception process
- Create and manage a product backlog
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria for Agile projects
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile estimation and planning
- Plan a sprint that has a good chance of success
- Explain how analysis, development and testing work together in an Agile project
- Ensure continuous improvement for the team.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID
“Great course, mixing presentation and interactive sharing experiences.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course, lots of fun. David really knows his stuff!”
“Well thought out and structured course, great use of activities. Found it very useful to be able to engage visually.”
“[The trainers] work very well together and are great at presenting. I felt engaged and interested the entire time.”
“The use of individual Kanban board was a great tool to use in the training course.”
“[The course] was interesting and energising. [The trainers] were excellent, loved the videos and resources provided.”
“The learning of the last two days goes way beyond the work environment!”