Stay up to date, in your knowledge and application of the Fire Documents of the NZ Building Code in this this lively, interactive master class.
Great as a refresher, an update or even in you're brand new.
To upskill participants in the knowledge and application of the Fire Documents of the NZ Building Code.
- BCA staff
- Property managers / Facility Managers
When you enrol you will be sent a link to an online quiz to test your knowledge of the current documents, risk groups etc., including:
- Building Code clauses: C1-C6, F6, F7, and F8.
- Building Act: sections 7, 112, 115.
Session 1: The basics of fire
- Fire philosophy basics
- Building Code and Acceptable Solutions
- Risk groups
- NZ Building Code and Building Act requirements
- Specified systems Regulations
- Fire reports , PS3s and PS4s, and other evidence of compliance
Session 2: As nearly as is reasonable practicable training
- A workshop covering sections 112 and 116 of the Building Act dealing with alterations and change of use for existing buildings.
- Reading and interpreting fire reports
Session 3: Residential considerations
This will be an interactive session focusing on the risk groups related to residential buildings
- Case studies: real residential jobs with fire related concerns
- Facilitated Q and A
Session 4: Commercial considerations
This will be an interactive session focusing on the risk groups related to commercial buildings
- Case studies: staff to present real commercial jobs with fire related concerns
- Facilitated Q and A
Rosemary (Rosie) Killip
Rosemary is an international speaker, author and training practitioner specialising in building law. She is a sought after speaker for building conferences and a regular commentator on building compliance in New Zealand.
With substantial insider knowledge of how councils review and interpret the Building Act rules, she brings practical insights and wisdom from over 20 years of working alongside building compliance staff, Council staff, building inspectors and building owners.
This experience enables her to help you help your customers understand the complex world of building controls. More than two decades of translation and two Building Acts mean that Rosie has a wealth of knowledge to share. As an educator she also has a passion for helping others learn and will teach you some cool tips for making training stick.