Find out what you REALLY need to know about building alterations before you spend money you don't need to.
In this pratical, interractive 1 day workshop you will go through sections 112, 115 and 116 of the Building Act and unpack exactly what you need to know, and how to do a cost effective assessement of a building.
Suitable for: All cerified IQP's, experienced Building Officials, Fire Engineers, Designers, Arcihects, Facility Managers
Format: Interactive workshop and case studies
Master Class in ANARP, section 112 and change of use
You will learn:
- What the law requires
- How the law applies to making alterations to existing buildings
- What the changes of use or occupancy are
- How to use checklists and prompts to cover the bases
- What you can and cannot accept as nearly as is reasonably practicable
- About minor works consents, base building reports and big projects
- How to document your decisions
- A simple - low cost gap analysis framework
- When a full analysis is required
Included: Handouts, All refreshments
Your expert facilitator: Sharn Piper
With 18 years’ experience in the Construction industry ranging from Carpentry, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Team leadership, Sales Management, Inspections and Building Compliance, Sharn brings a unique set of skills to the table. He is not only able to look out of the box to solve problems – he removes the box altogether.
Building compliance & Construction is an industry Sharn is passionate about. He has experienced the highs and lows of the construction industry, worked under houses, in roof spaces, in the bush and at the executive table. He has experienced great success and great failures, but most importantly he is determined to learn from his experiences and pass his knowledge onto others.
Date and Time
The Terrace Conference Centre
Te Aro 3 room, Ground floor, 114 The Terrace
Wellington, Wellington 6011