San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
MTA Coast to Coast Region St John First Aid Level One teaches the basics of effective first aid.
- Ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic first aid
- Minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first aider
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Compliant with Department of Labour and NZQA requirements
- Includes NZQA unit standards 6401, 6402 (or on request 26551, 26552)
This basic first aid course is the standard training recommended for workplace first aid providers. It’s also good for anybody who wants to be able to help during a medical emergency. Medical emergencies related to ill health or an accident can happen anywhere at any time – this course will ensure you know what to do.
What you’ll gain
The course emphasises practical skills in a fun and interactive learning environment. On completion you will:
- be able to recognise life-threatening situations.
- be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives.
- be ready to advance your first aid training to the next level.
- Scene assessment
- Chest pain (e.g. heart attack)
- How to use an AED (automated external defibrillator)
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
Total workshop time is 8 hours of training delivered over 2 x 4 hour sessions.
Students are assessed to NZQA standards US6401, 6402 or (26551, 26552 on request)
Places are limited to 20 people so be quick!
Cost: MTA Coast to Coast Region has subsidised this course for you making it only $100 + GST per attendee
When: First Session: Monday 10 October 2016 from 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Second Session: Monday 17 October 2016 from 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Note: Booking fees may apply.
MTA requires 24 hours notice for a cancellation otherwise full cost of attending the event will be charged.
No-shows will be charged the full cost of attending the event.
When & Where
MTA Coast to Coast
Canterbury, Ashburton and West Coast branches have joined together to form Coast to Coast Region which will deliver high quality and responsive training and services to all its MTA members. If you have any questions about what Coast to Coast Region is up to - or would like to make suggestions for events - please click here to email your regional coordinator, Toni Holmes.