Actions and Detail Panel
Positively Managing Behaviour - Kāpiti
Wed 10 May 2017, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM NZST
- Defining “Challenging Behaviour” and the underlying causes
- PB4L: an overview and schools
- Restorative Justice
- Johari window
- Building positive relationships
- Proactive Behaviour Strategies
- Social and emotional coaching
- Reducing Inappropriate Behaviours
- Self-management and self-regulation strategies
- A Restorative Approach to solving problems
About the Facilitator
My name is Jenny Allen. I graduated from Wellington College of Education in 1981 and began what has been a long and rewarding career in teaching.
Over a period of 25 years I worked, at all levels of primary school, including intermediate, as a classroom and special needs teacher, with students transitioning from Māori Immersion, with students and whanau of The Correspondence School, part time and full time as I brought up my own 3 boys.
In the last ten years I have worked as a Resource Teacher of Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) in the Hutt Valley, Wainuiomata and most recently based in Kāpiti/ Horowhenua. Working as an RTLB I have the opportunity to share my passion for working with students that have challenging behaviours, alongside their whānau, teachers, teacher aides, and other agencies to achieve positive outcomes.