Actions and Detail Panel
Tech for Non Tech - Wellington
Fri 31 March 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM NZDT
Tech for Non Tech is an intensive short-course for anyone seeking to understand the digital world. Participants will increase their working knowledge of the language, concepts, and processes of web development and digital tech.
Taught and facilitated by leading educators, Mix Irving and Sarrah Jayne from Dev Academy, the workshop focuses on increasing technical understanding and providing insight on how developers and programmers work.
After setting up participants with an understanding of the concepts and processes of web development and digital tech, the training provides an overview of digital technologies that already exist and those that are disrupting society, and how their use shapes our world.
It is highly effective for:
- policy analysts/advisors who need to understand more about the effects of digital tech on sectors
- comms and marketing teams who are digitising their outreach
- teams who are working with internal and external tech teams to build digital solutions
- HR needing to hire dev talent and integrate developers into teams
- Tech and IT recruiters who need to really understand what they're clients are looking for and what potential talent can do
We will cover:
- Key web technology concepts
- Language and jargon used in tech
- Complexity of digital tech
- Scoping process of digital tech
- End-to-end process of technical builds
- The future of jobs, careers and skills
- Trends of digital technology
- Web development and innovation
- How to work with developers and programmers
- Engineering Empathy
- Use and trends of agile methodology
- How to forecast the future and prepare for change in regards to open source, big data, virtual reality, A.I.
Come along to dramatically upskill your understanding of web development and digital tech!