Actions and Detail Panel
Transcend your mind, your practice & your workplace
Thu, 3/11/2016, 9:00 AM – Fri, 4/11/2016, 3:00 PM NZDT
A two day FREE interactive training targeted at anyone working with young people who are part of the queer/LGBTTIFA+ community in Palmerston North. This is an INTRODUCTORY workshop and just for you if you’re wanting to:
- Expand your knowledge around sex, gender and attraction
- Explore the specific focus on the needs of transgender and non-binary individuals
- Learn about the use of language, the basics of sex, gender and attraction, privilege, walking in "our shoes", breaking boxes and discrimination
- And you’ll walk away with something to change in your work place to create a more inclusive space for people who are within rainbow communities.
The training is FREEEE if you work with young people in Palmy and you attend both days. By registering you are agreeing that if you ‘no show’ or cancel 24 hours before the training, that you will be invoiced and pay $100 per day (plus GST).
Other important stuff:
- Limited to two registrations per organisation/service/group
- Must work in Palmerston North
- Please let us know if any dietary or access requirements before 20 October. FREEEEE kai tooooo.
Blurb about the facilitators:
Kyle is a facilitator of Transcend, Kyle studied in the field of I.T and has been a volunteer with rainbow communities since 2011. Having lived in Palmerston North for 9 years, Kyle is passionate about making it a safer city for all trans and gender diverse peeps.
A young local of Palmerston North, 22 year old Soul Mehlhopt spends his time supporting , working and walking along side young people as a peer youth worker at YOSS, as a volunteer for groups in the area and as a facilitator of Transcend.