Respected photographer of architecture and publisher of award winning book ‘Portrait of a House’, Simon Devitt, is now offering a photobook workshop course for those wishing to produce their own.
Directly translated from a third year university level course, the five week workshop open to the public covers in detail the process and practicalities of creating a photobook
An introduction to photobook making and photography process.
The aims of this workshop are to:
• Enhance students knowledge and appreciation of photography as an important medium of communication;
• Introduce students to ‘sense of place’ and its relevant context within photography;
• Develop students’ story telling skills through making photographs and the production of a photo book (assignment 2).
• Integrate learned processes into personal/professional practice.
On the successful completion of this workshop, students should be able to:
• Relate to photography with a wider perspective;
• Use ‘sense of place’ as a perspective for creating photographs;
• Employ various story telling techniques to create a cohesive body of work; and
• Create a photo book
Wednesday 26 October, 7pm-10pm
Saturday 29 October 9am-12pm
Wednesday 2 November, 7pm-10pm
Saturday 5 November, 9am-12pm
Wednesday 9 November, 7pm-10pm
Saturday 12 November, 9am-12pm
Wednesday 16 November, 7pm-10pm
Saturday 19 November, 9am-12pm
Wednesday 23 November, 7pm-10pm
Saturday 26 November, 9am-12pm
Sponsored by Canon